In order to address the vulnerabilities faced by children in South Africa (particularly as a result of the impact of the HIV/AIDS pandemic on households), CHoiCe Trust provides direct services to children. With interventions aiming to build and capacitate circles of support around the child, the organisation works to identify the most vulnerable households and ensure that they receive the services that they need.
· Treatment adherence support to children and guardians of children who are HIV-positive to ensure that they take their medication correctly.
· Support groups with children and guardians using the Vhutshilo, Let’s Talk and Families Matter methodologies.
· Food garden and voluntary savings and loan training and mentorship to strengthen the economic situation of households.
· Direct psychosocial support to children including, but not limited to extra-curricular activities such as Scouts.
· Mentorship and support to community structures including Home Visitors and Community Care Workers to ensure targeted interventions for children continue.