Posted 9 months ago
CHoiCe Trust, a Non-Profit organisation operating in Limpopo Province, is seeking a Lay Counsellor
and Linkage Officer who will be responsible for the provision of screening services in outreach and
community settings on HIV, STI, and TB, and ensuring client’s successful linkage to care. The Lay
Counsellors will be required to support achievement of biomedical team targets, with a focus on HIV
testing services, and to contribute to the overall objectives of the programme in achieving HIV
prevention amongst men who have sex with men (MSM) as the target group.
The appointed individual is expected to have the following experience and qualifications:
- A Matric Certificate
- A recent certificate in 10 Day HIV Counselling and Testing from an approved supplier
- At least 2 years’ experience in the provision of HTS and Linkage to care
- Experience in working with communities and testing in community / outreach settings
- Experience working with men who have sex with men would be an advantage
- Good communication skills, including English and local languages
- Ability to accurately complete written forms and tools as required
- Proof of COVID 19 vaccination
The Lay Counsellor must be a team worker who has an open, supportive and empathetic personality who
shows no prejudice and promote non-discrimination. They must have passion for community–based
activities and towards preventing HIV and TB, and good interpersonal skills. They must be able to work
both in a team and independently and bust be self-motivated and able to achieve set targets. They must
have attention to detail.
- Achievement of project testing targets
- Implementation of quality HIV Testing Services
- Monitoring and reporting
- General support
- Interested candidates are to forward their CV and a motivational letter stating their salary expectation
(with no certificates) for attention:
The Human Resources Officer e-mail: email@example.com
Please note that applications without motivation letters stating salary expectations will not be
- CLOSING DATE: WEDNESDAY, 16th September 2022
For more information on CHoiCe Trust see: www.choicetrust.org.za
Persons from amongst the targeted population (MSM) are invited to apply.
Persons with disabilities are also invited to apply.
Preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the
Employment Equity Act, No 55 of 1998 (and any amendments thereto), the relevant internal recruitment policy as
well as the organization’s employment equity plan.