Polokwane (12); Blouberg (6); Lepelle-Nkumpi (5); Molemole (4)
CHoiCe Trust, an internationally recognized Non-Profit Organisation operating in Limpopo Province, is seeking the services of AGYW Mentors located in communities in Capricorn District.
The AGYW (Adolescent Girls and Young Women) Mentor is responsible for working with groups of vulnerable AGYW in safe spaces in the community, including schools, community centres and churches. The Mentor will establish a trusting relationship with the AGYW and provide education, with a focus on social asset building and economic strengthening and referrals to essential services to ensure that the AGYW are empowered, they remain healthy and they are HIV-free. These interventions form part of the DREAMS Programme being implemented in Limpopo Province and across South Africa.
The AGYW Mentors will be employed by CHoiCe Trust on a fixed term basis and will be seconded to FHI360, working under the supervision of the Mentor Supervisor and DREAMS District Coordinator within FHI360.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Qualities:
The appointed individual is expected to have the following experience and specifications:
- – A female who is 18 – 30 years’ old
- – A minimum of a Matric certificate
- – Proven experience with community and development work (including being a peer educator, acommunity care worker or other voluntary support work)
- – Experience with facilitation of group sessions would be an advantage
- – Be passionate about empowering girls to improve their safety and the completion of theireducation
- – Good communication skills, including in English and local languages
- – Proficiency in report writing
- – Ability to work independently, set realistic goals and reach targets within specified timeframes
- – Ability to work under pressure and strong inter-personal skills
- – Have willingness to undertake additional responsibilities and remain supportive and flexible withinthe project
- Responsibilities include:
- – Enroll, assess and structure beneficiaries into groups
- – Prepare for and facilitate Social Asset Building group sessions
- – Prepare for and facilitate Financial Literacy sessions
- – Conduct one-on-one sessions and additional support to beneficiaries as required
- – Implementation of the Social Asset Building and Economic Strengthening core package
- – Provide linkages and referrals to stakeholders and services as required
- – Reporting on activities and progress
- Key Performance Areas include:
- – Achievement of set targets
- – Quality of implementation according to set methodology
- – Accurate reporting
- NOTE: This is a stipend position.
Interested candidates are to forward an email including:
(a) their CV which motivates their suitability to the position;
(b) the geographical area which they would serve / in which they reside; (c) their expected monthly stipend amount.
This should be sent to:
The Human Resources Officer, CHoiCe Trust E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Thursday, 13th May 2021
For more information on CHoiCe Trust see : www.choicetrust.org.za
Persons with disabilities are invited to apply.
Preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, No 55 of 1998 (and any amendments thereto), the relevant internal recruitment policy as well as the organization’s Employment Equity Plan.
Please note that if you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date, consider your application as unsuccessful.